Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have recently had sex and while having sex I

I have recently had sex and while having sex I

Patient: I have recently had sex and while having sex I noticed my face going a bit numb, not to the point where I couldn’t move it or anything but it didn’t feel normal. Can u tell me what this might be from. It has happened to me once before with the same partner. Never experienced this with other partners

Doctor: HelloThanks for the query.Your symptoms of the numbing face during intercourse could be related to flushing and sy mpathetic stimulation.During intercourse the pulse rate and pumping of heart goes up, sweating happens and sometimes people experience cramps. This can happen in the face too. It has nothing to do with a specific partner.If it repeatedly happens, consult a physician for an examination.Hope this helpsRegards