I have recently noticed a darkish lump around my anal entry

Patient : I have recently noticed a darkish lump around my anal entry, what is it? Should I be concerned?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. From your description, these are the following possibilities: 1) perianal abscess 2) post anal dermoid 3) external haemorrhoids 4)fistula in ano You need to visit a general surgeon as soon as possible to confirm the diagnosis as a fistula or perianal abscess can be extremely painful, and the sooner the treatment initiated, the better. A proctoscopy and per rectal examination is required to confirm the diagnosis. Hope this was helpful, Regards

Related Q&A

Q: My daughter took about 20 benadryl pills by mistake and we want to know if there is an antidote for this problem?

Q: I have a tailors bunion on my right pinky toe. It is extremely painful wearing certain types of shoes. If I choose to...

Q: I am writing in regard to some shortness of breath I've been experiencing off an on for about a week. It started l...

Q: Ankle vericose veins sweeling and pain and in joints histtory of copd noudles in some joints

Q: Hello, i have had anal sex only and im a virgin, my period is two days late and im spotting light red and only for a ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon