Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have recently noticed that when I eat I can

I have recently noticed that when I eat I can

Patient: I have recently noticed that when I eat I can feel the food going down, pain in chest and loose stool for 8 weeks. Dr has referred me for gastroscopy which is scheduled for next week. Appointment has come through very quick. Should I be worried

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. IBS occurs when you have had a re cent stress or moved or have a stressful job.Usually, IBS does not need medication and can be treated with destressing, eating a balanced diet and regular exercise. Talk to your Doctor to confirm that you have IBS and then work on making it better.Hope this helps. All the best.