Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have red circulr scaley extremely ichey infact that

I have red circulr scaley extremely ichey infact that

Patient: I have red circulr scaley extremely ichey infact that i scratch them till they bleed have scaley skin on my elbows and knees tyied to hydrocortisone cream but not working why wont they heal? how can i get red of this ?i had it since last summer i think then got worse

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.If you repeatedly keep gett ing scaly skin not getting resolved on hydrocortisone, then you need to get it physically examined by a dermatologist to rule out psoriasis. Or else, you can try calamine lotion which will soothe the irritated skin.Hope this was helpful,Regards