I have redbumps onmy penis my doctor said it was


Q: I have red.bumps on.my penis my doctor said it was nonthing he gave me some cream called triamcinolone acetonide that I apply on the affected area every night how long will it take to get rid of these. I mean there are alot there all over the shaft and head of my penis please help


A:   Hi.
This looks to be a case of balanoposthitis.

The proper treatment would be as follows:
Clean the area with plain water and dry it up by a hair dryer.
You may apply liquid povidone iodine once a day.
Metronidazole ointment once a day. Apply nothing else.
Get a course of an antibiotic and metronidazole with probiotic and you may be fine.
If there was sexual interaction, consult a Dermatologist for better diagnosis and more proper treatment or to get a prescription as I have outlined.
Refrain from any sexual activity.
If you have a sexual partner, he/she needs to take the same course.
Take a single tablet of anti-fungal tablet too.
Follow this and you will be fine.
Also get a STD panel done .
Get blood sugar too done to rule out diabetes.

All the best. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Related Q&A

Q: Hello, I'm trying to do some research, but the conflicting info is making my head spin. Me and my friends have STD sc...

Q: I received my lab results from labcorp hsv 1 and 2 - specific Ab, I gG . My results read HSV 1 I gG >62.20 and H...

Q: Do I have herpes in my urethra or herpes at all? Or do I have another kind of Std from one risky sexual encounter.

Q: Good afternoon. I am little nervous about a week ago i received oral from a girl and kissed her i had just met ahe to...

Q: I simply want to know if what I have is herpes, the symptoms are as below listed


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon