Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have regular periods every month between 6-7 days long

I have regular periods every month between 6-7 days long

Patient: I have regular periods every month between 6-7 days long last month it was only for 1 day and haven’t returned yet. Its not my time yet for this month, but what do this means????

Symptoms: Stomach pain, eat more, tooth ache, ear ache

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes like gonadal or thyroid hormonal imbalance, general conditions like anemia etc.Possibly your menstrual pattern may regularize in next months.If you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.If test gives negative result and irregularity in periods repeats, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.Clinical examination, complete blood picture, gonadal and thyroid hormonal profile etc investigations can help in finding the possible cause of the problem and treatment can be taken accordingly.Take care.