Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have secondary hypertension Today I took my bp reading 3 times.

I have secondary hypertension Today I took my bp reading 3 times.

Patient: I have secondary hypertension. Today I took my bp reading 3 times. First one, I used the electronic bp machine and got very high at 170/110. So I recheck after an hour using manual one and I got 127/73. Then I recheck after 10 mins using someone manual bp cuff and I got 137/80. Which one is the accurate reading. I am not experience any chest pain

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.BP readings can vary from instrument to instrument and from time to time.Since on e of your reading was extremely high, I would advise you to get your BP checked by your doctor.Because in case it is high, you would require treatment modification.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy