I have severe lower back pain A few years back

Patient

Q: I have severe lower back pain. A few years back I was doing outdoor activities and was pulling on something and I heard something crack in my back and couldn't move without intense pain for about 10 minutes. I never had insurance to get it checked out. 3 years later I am here still in intense pain. some days are worse but as i'm laying down and typing I feel horrible. I have also noticed sharp pains in my legs and feet and nothing really helps my back. I am overweight but I have been my whole life and never had back pain until my accident. Do you think an ER would help me?

Symptoms:  Lower back pain, sharp pain in legs and feet,
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have a soft tissue injury or a muscle strain. These are caused by local inflammation and release of toxins. You can do RICE to help you with the treatment. RICE is:
Rest the lack. Do not strain it
Ice the back for 15 mins every hour.
Compress the back using a back brace
Elevate the back by lying on your front and allow the blood to drain.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. All the best.

Hope this helps you.