I have severe lower back pain A few years back

Patient : I have severe lower back pain. A few years back I was doing outdoor activities and was pulling on something and I heard something crack in my back and couldn't move without intense pain for about 10 minutes. I never had insurance to get it checked out. 3 years later I am here still in intense pain. some days are worse but as i'm laying down and typing I feel horrible. I have also noticed sharp pains in my legs and feet and nothing really helps my back. I am overweight but I have been my whole life and never had back pain until my accident. Do you think an ER would help me?
Symptoms:  Lower back pain, sharp pain in legs and feet,
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that you have a soft tissue injury or a muscle strain. These are caused by local inflammation and release of toxins. You can do RICE to help you with the treatment. RICE is: Rest the lack. Do not strain it Ice the back for 15 mins every hour. Compress the back using a back brace Elevate the back by lying on your front and allow the blood to drain. Wishing you a speedy recovery. All the best. Hope this helps you.