I have severe pain in my lower back into my tailbone

Patient

Q: I have severe pain in my lower back into my tailbone I cannot bear down to poop i have lost control to do that what should i do? Please help me

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are having coccydynia. Its treatment is hot sits bath. In this one is advised to sit in a tub full of warm water for 10 minutes each in morning and evening. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are helpful in pain relief. Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery. You are advised to use a well-padded seat when sitting and avoid long periods of sitting when possible. You can further investigate it by MRI of the lumbosacral spine. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care