I have severe pain in my upper right side My

Patient: I have severe pain in my upper right side. My shoulder blade, upper back, ribs, chest and upper right arm are so painful (like a stabbing pain) that I can not move out of the one position I am in or the pain is too much

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.This pain seems to be of Muscular in nature.However, an Ultrasound Abdomen should be performed to rule out any Gallbladder issues.For acute muscular pain I advise following:1. Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside combination which are act as pain killer and muscle relaxant.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply gel containing Menthol, Diclofenac locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain should start getting better in 5 days. In case, it doesn’t you should get a Chest Xray and Xray Cervical Spine to rule out any evidence of Ribs fracture, Pleural Effusion and Disc prolapse.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy