I have shakes, no fever, sour stomach, waves of nausea,

Q: I have shakes, no fever, sour stomach, waves of nausea, chills, headaches,dizziness, bloating. Bowel movements are slowed, but happening in small amounts. Antacids seem to be the only thing to calm my stomach, and allow me to eat. Been going on for 5 days. I haven't had alcohol, or coffee since this started.

Symptoms:  Dizziness, upset stomach, chills, shakes, small infrequent bowel movements. No fever though

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.

It seems you are suffering from Irritable Bowel syndrome. However, you should first of all be investigated for other common causes of Chronic Diarrhea. I would advise you to get Thyroid Profile, Fasting Blood Sugar, Stool routine and Microscopy, Ultrasound Abdomen.
If everything is normal, then you are probably suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
I would advise following in such scenario:
1. To take a proton pump inhibitor like Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole.
2. To avoid fat, pepper in diet.
4. To take Smooth Muscle Relaxant like Mebeverine for stomach pain.
5. Drugs like chlordiazepoxide and clidinium bromide are used in refractory cases.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy