Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have sharp pain in my toes

I have sharp pain in my toes

Patient: I have sharp pain in my toes

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Sharp pain in your toes and anywhere in your feet could mean a neuropathy at your age. The causes could be diabetes, high blood pressure, vitamin deficiencies, side effect of medications. We may also have to rule out orthopedic causes like spurs, arthritis, etc. Kindly consult an orthopedic for an examination and you may need to get an x-ray done if indicated. The doctor may also wish to start you on vitamin supplements of vitamin B6 and 12 variety. You may immerse your feet for 5 minutes in warm saline water which may be helpful. Wear soft slippers and try foot end elevation at night. In case of high blood sugars, you need to start insulin therapy.Hope this helped.Regards