I have shingles and I was wondering how long does

Patient : I have shingles and I was wondering how long does it last before shingles I have them for 5 days now and I was just wondering when do they get out of your system
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Shingles is also known as herpes zoster and is an adult onset of the disease. This happe ns when the virus is present in the cell bodies of the neurons and causes the dermatome to become infected. This will cause the problem of pain. Usually Shingles takes time to recover and may last from weeks to a few months. I do not think you should worry about it unless the pain is severe or you get other symptoms. Hope this helps you. All the best.