I have Sickle cell disease. Can I take Viagra?

Patient: Dear Doc, I’m male 29 years old, I have a sickle cell anemia, and some times I feel irregular heart beat rhythm, in 2001 I went to hospital and I was unconsciousness for more than 30 days, my heart stop working two times and my heart came back to work with electric shocks. Anyway, I started to smoke before almost 2 years, and I stoped smoking a couple of days. I have no kidney or lever, heart disease or blood pressure The medicines I used to take are: 1-hydroxyurea 1000 mg, and folic acid 5 mg daily for sickle cell anemia, 2-Seroquel 100 mg daily before I sleep, my doctor prescribed it to me, because i have some sort of schizophrenia as he claims. My Question: I’m suffering from impotence since 3 years my erection does not exceeds 60%, and I’m going to get married soon, I feel shy to talk with my doctor, please help, is it safe to take levitra, viagra, cialis? do they work for my case? and what are the doses?is it safe to take high dosage like levitra 20mg or viagra 100mg?, or is there other safe possibility for my situation?. Thanks

Doctor: In my opinion, you should talk to your doctor about your impotence since it could be a consequence of the sickle cell di sease. Based on my research, sickle cell disease is a known contraindication to Viagra. I strongly suggest for you to discuss this with your doctor. If you would rather see another doctor, go to a urologist because this is their field of expertise; other options can be discussed too. I hate being the bad news bearer but I don’t think it will be completelt safe for you to take ED drugs. It will remain a case to case basis though but see a doctor first before taking any because if you do otherwise, the consequences could be devastating. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.