Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have small light brown patches on my chest, shoulders

I have small light brown patches on my chest, shoulders

Patient: I have small light brown patches on my chest, shoulders and upper back. They keep eppearing.. What could this be? They are very small (1mm) and flat.

I have small light brown pa...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached photograph also.As per de tails, it seems that the brown spots are Lentigines. These are pigmented spots found on non exposed parts of body. When present on face or sunexposed parts, they are better known as Freckles. These are asymptomatic structures having genetic predisposition.They are more commonly found in fair skinned people.If no other associated abnormality or symptom is present, then it is of cosmetic concern only.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you proper advice.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy