Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have small painless itch less red spots on the

I have small painless itch less red spots on the

Patient: I have small painless itch less red spots on the top of my penis. Had std test last June and everything was negative. Haven’t had sex since.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called candidal balanitis.It is fungal infection of skin involving gland. It may be sexually acquired or may occur without sexual contact also. The various predisposing factors for fungal infection are Diabetes Mellitus, excess sweating, hot humid weather.I will advise you to get your blood sugar levels done.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream and tablet fluconazole.Keep the area clean and dry.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.