Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have small rash like patch on my face that

I have small rash like patch on my face that

Patient: I have small rash like patch on my face that consists of very fine bumps. It’s on the left side of my face by cheek area and it occurs often. I thought it was an allergic reaction to something but I’m not sure. The bumps don’t itch or hurt and they’re not red. They’re very tiny and occur usually in two patches. It’s not like acne bumps and most times they disappear on their own after a week or so. Can anyone tell me what this may be?



I have small rash like patc...-1



Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.The photograph is not so clear.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is Milia. These are keratin containing cyst. These are self-limiting most of the times and can involve any part of the body.The most common site of involvement is face. If does not resolve spontaneously, then can be removed by needle extirpation or Radiofrequency.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Here is a new photo of it. It is now more rash like with the little bumps that were there before.


Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He currently operates a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment