Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have some areas of hyper pigmentation in my pubic

I have some areas of hyper pigmentation in my pubic

Patient: I have some areas of hyper pigmentation in my pubic area and lower abdomen. They appear brown and aren’t raised, don’t itch, no pain, etc. Just wanted to see if I should be concerned

I have some areas of hyper ...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have recently developed these areas of hyperpigmentation, it could be due to t he side effect of the medications that you are on.The other cause could be a fungal infection that has remained asymptomatic.It is recommended that you consult a dermatologist for an examination and specific investigations to rule out tinea infections.Sometimes even vitamin deficiencies or nutrient deficiencies can cause hyperpigmentation.Once the diagnosis is made, we can treat it specifically. You might also need to check your hormonal levels to rule out cushing’s disease which causes hyperpigmentation.Hope this helped.Regards