I have some vaginal and anal itch/tingling for some time

Patient

Q: I have some vaginal and anal itch/tingling for some time now. It does hurt i want to scratch it. Its mostly on outer side of the vagina and anus. What can it be please help?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD,

The symptoms of vaginal and anal itchiness indicate a fungal infection. Ideally a swab culture should be done from both sites to grow and isolate fungal spores to confirm the diagnosis. Antifungal ointment like clotrimazole 1% cream can be applied locally over the vulva and also around the anus for 7 days. This should help providing relief.

Hope this helps.