I have some vaginal and anal itch/tingling for some time

Patient : I have some vaginal and anal itch/tingling for some time now. It does hurt i want to scratch it. Its mostly on outer side of the vagina and anus. What can it be please help?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD, The symptoms of vaginal and anal itchiness indicate a fungal infection. Ideally a swab culture should be done from both sites to grow and isolate fungal spores to confirm the diagnosis. Antifungal ointment like clotrimazole 1% cream can be applied locally over the vulva and also around the anus for 7 days. This should help providing relief. Hope this helps. Regards

Related Q&A

Q: I am a 57 year old female. I am having vaginal dryness and when I wipe really hard with rough toilet paper I get bri...

Q: My period ended Monday but today I have what feels like menstrual cramps and am very gassy. Could it be ovulation?

Q: Dear doctor. I recently have sex with my girlfriend 3 days ago. my girlfriend is 22 years old and was a virgin. she h...

Q: Have chaffing on labia majore. Very painful. What can I do to treat?

Q: I have some small cuts in between my vagina and rectum. I am sexually active and I want to find a way to reduce the ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon