Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have some vaginal and anal itch/tingling for some time

I have some vaginal and anal itch/tingling for some time

Patient: I have some vaginal and anal itch/tingling for some time now. It does hurt i want to scratch it. Its mostly on outer side of the vagina and anus. What can it be please help?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,The symptoms of vaginal and anal itchiness indicate a fungal infection. Ideally a swab culture should be done from both sites to grow and isolate fungal spores to confirm the diagnosis. Antifungal ointment like clotrimazole 1% cream can be applied locally over the vulva and also around the anus for 7 days. This should help providing relief.Hope this helps.Regards