I have sores on the head of my penis, and


Q: I have sores on the head of my penis, and I want to know if I should be concerned about an STD. They are not painful, and just showed up today

Symptoms:  Sores on penis head

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query and clear picture.

If you have unprotected sex and then only appearance of these lesions, you should be worried about STD. Your providing the correct information would have helped me more.
The lesions seen in the picture are clustered at one place rest of the area looks normal hence these may be more than the usual balanoposthitis.
I would advise you the following:
Send the sample of blood for STD panel
Consult STD Specialist as you may need a proper clinical evaluation and may be to send the sample from the lesion on the penis for which you presence is a must.
You will need a curse of an antibiotic, metronidazole and probiotic.

I hope this answer helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: I have an issue when I rub and massage my elbow I get a tingling sensation in my pinky and ring finger

Q: Hi i m 25 years old n me n my husband had unprotected sex on the last day of my menstrual cycle ie on 25th Jan n I ha...

Q: Hi i have a slightly low thyroid and iam on medication. i recently wanted to take a amino acid blend, which includes ...

Q: Hi, i live in guyana , about two year ago i found out i have hrdorcephalus and at that time i was 20 years old, howev...

Q: Hi. This is more of a psychologist question that I would like help with. I have this friend that I'm really obsesse...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon