Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have sporadic pain in my stomach sometimes to the

I have sporadic pain in my stomach sometimes to the

Patient: I have sporadic pain in my stomach sometimes to the point that i am unable to move until it subsides. My dr said it is due to the c section ….a condition called hydrogenus (probably spelt incorrectly)

Symptoms: Stomach griping pain

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,The pain that you are experiencing in the form of cramps is unlikely to be due to c -section unless there has been adhesion formation inside the abdomen post c-section which can cause a tug of the intestine and hence cause stretching of the visceral peritoneum and then cause pain. It is suggested that you should get an ultrasound whole abdomen done to look for the cause in detail and then consult your physician with report of ran advise.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards