Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have started birth control pill a week ago and i feel quite strong pain.

I have started birth control pill a week ago and i feel quite strong pain.

Patient: I have started birth control pill a week ago and I feel quite strong pain on the right aide of my low abdominal….what can it be? Should I stop the pill?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Birth control pills can lead to pain abdomen as a side effect .But usually this type of pain will be mild and relieves soon.As you are having severe pain, better to consult your doctor once, get examined and go for an ultrasound.This can help in finding out the possible cause of the problem further management can be planned accordingly.Hope this helps. Take care.