Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have started having brown discharge and spotting which is still going on

I have started having brown discharge and spotting which is still going on

Patient: I started my period march 15th and it ended around the 21st. Well I don’t use protection and have been having unprotected sex. Well Monday I started having dark brown discharge/spotting and it’s still going on. Could this be pregnancy

Doctor: Thank you for your query.The brown discharge/spotting you are having may or may not be implantation bleeding leading t o a pregnancy. Intermittent bleeding or spotting can also be due to various other reasons. Just with this symptom it is difficult to make conclusions. Therefore it is suggested that you opt for a home pregnancy test if you don’t get your periods even after 7 to 10 days past your expected date of period.Hope that answers your query.Have a good day.