Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have stinging pain in my anus It feels like

I have stinging pain in my anus It feels like

Patient: I have stinging pain in my anus. It feels like something is swollen. It stings when i go. When i put a cold wet wash rag on it the pain goes away and it feels like the swelling goes down but it only last for a short time. Been happening for the last two days.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your elucidate history.The stinging pain at passing motion and feeling of swelling indicates that most probably you are suffering from fissure in anus.I would advise you the followingSitz bathLaxative at bedtime.Anti -inflammatory like ibuprofenAntibiotics and metronidazole if required.Get actually examined by a general surgeon for further careYou will be fine.Hope this helps you