Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » I HAVE STRECH MARKS HELP ME


Patient: I have strech marks on my upper thighs and hips and lower stoumach at age 12 girl please help me


Symptoms: Insercurity

Doctor: Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.Central obesity and big round face , stretch marks , short height, delayed pub erty, excess of visible body and facial hair, easy bruising , slow healing, acne etc these are some of the symptoms of cushings disease. This means that your body is producing excess of cortisol hormone. This condition can be treated and earlier the treatment the better are the chances of a positive result. This condition can also develop if you have been on any corticosteroid medications – exogenous Cushing’s syndrome. I recommend a visit to a physician. He would take a urine and blood cortisol levels , saliva cortisol level late at night and imaging tests ( CT, MRI) . Treatment modalities would be discussed by the physician depending on the diagnosis and may include surgery/radiations/medcations.There is nothing to feel insecured about in case you have Cushing’s syndrome.Hope this information was useful.


Ask The Doctor
Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto. He currently operates Infinity Health Centre, a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

View all posts