I have strep throat and an ear infection I have

Patient

Q: I have strep throat and an ear infection I have been taking 500 mg of amoxicillin and 2 ibuprofen every 8 hrs. However if any get my fever down past 100 and I can barely swallow. The pain has increased. Can I take tylenol for the pain on top of the other meds?

Symptoms:  Strep throat and ear infection. Severe pain when swallowing and feel throat is closing up. Fever of 100.
Doctor

A:   Hi.

Thanks for your elucidate history, it is suggestive of further examination, investigation of the blood, throat swab and additional antibiotics.
Just adding Tylenol will not help.

Consult your Doctor, preferably an ENT for proper evaluation and further treatment.
Hope this helps you.