Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have strep throat and an ear infection I have

I have strep throat and an ear infection I have

Patient: I have strep throat and an ear infection I have been taking 500 mg of amoxicillin and 2 ibuprofen every 8 hrs. However if any get my fever down past 100 and I can barely swallow. The pain has increased. Can I take tylenol for the pain on top of the other meds?

Symptoms: Strep throat and ear infection. Severe pain when swallowing and feel throat is closing up. Fever of 100.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your elucidate history, it is suggestive of further examination, investigation of the blood, throat s wab and additional antibiotics.Just adding Tylenol will not help.Consult your Doctor, preferably an ENT for proper evaluation and further treatment.Hope this helps you.