Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have strep throat and im on day 6 of

I have strep throat and im on day 6 of

Patient: I have strep throat and im on day 6 of my antibodies. Recently its been extremely painful to still swallow and i noticed a bump on one of my tonsils that could be the cause of this. Should i go back to my doctor or is this part of strep throat.

Symptoms: Extreme pain when swallowing on one side.

I have strep throat and im ...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for posting question at ATD.I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.I have seen your images and it can be a part of streptococcal infection but it is superimposed fungal infection also. You should consult your physician again and take antifungal tablet.You should gargle with salons water to relief your pain.You can take painkiller after consulting with your treating physician.Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.Good luck.Regards

Patient: Its usually white spots i just finished drinking tea. I should have said that. But why do you think it might be a fungal infection.

Patient: This should be a more accurate picture.

Doctor: Hi,
These white spots can be due to fungal infection because it is very common after antibiotic treatment.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.