Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have swelling above my ankle around the front of

I have swelling above my ankle around the front of

Patient: I have swelling above my ankle around the front of my footaround the front of my folow since yesterday and now I can I can’t even step onit came on slow since yesterday and now I can I can’t even step on itand its hot to the touch

I have swelling above my an...-1

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Most commonly lower leg and ankle swelling is due to Trauma, Dee p vein thrombosis (DVT) episode, Cellulitis.In such scenario, an examination is required. I would advise you to see your doctor, if he feels this is DVT on clinical background, he will get a Venous Doppler done. If DVT is found he will start you on Anti coagulants.If this is due to Cellulitis, he will start you on antibiotics. He will also order for you iron studies, calcium and Vitamin D 3 levels.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy