Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have swelling in my knee, pain and numbness in

I have swelling in my knee, pain and numbness in

Patient: I have swelling in my knee, pain and numbness in my foot. What can i do to help it.

Symptoms: Knee swelling pain and numbness in foot

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Swelling of the knees with pain and numbness could be indicative of an inflammatory a rthritis. Kindly consult an orthopedic doctor for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests as well as an X-ray and ultrasound of the knee joint.You will need a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications.Meanwhile drink plenty of water and also use an analgesic like paracetamol for pain relief.Hope this helped.Regards