Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have swelling under my left boob, painful when I

I have swelling under my left boob, painful when I

Patient: I have swelling under my left boob, painful when I push down on ribs and when I push in between my rib cage. I have been throwing up bile for 4 days, can’t keep down food or water, still throw up even if it’s dry heaving. On an off head aches and constant stomach ache that reaches me to tears

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.For the swelling under your left breast area, you need an ultraso und of the chest to rule out any evidence of mass over there.The recurrent vomitings can be due to acid reflux and but we should always evaluate other common causes like Gall bladder issues, Pancreatitis.Ultrasound is required to diagnose all these issues.If the ultrasound is normal, we treat our patients for Acid reflux and most of them respond to treatment. For acid reflux, i advise my patients to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.You should also take soft, bland diet.In case you have persisting acidity, loose stools, weight loss then you would require evaluation for Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac disease. Upper GI endoscopy would be required if your symptoms don’t respond to this treatment.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy