Patient :I have swimmers ear for both of my ears and it is painful what can i do to relieve the pain ? I also have crusty drainage coming from my ear and its hard to get the ear drops in my ear. Ive tried a heating pad peroxide nothing seems to help.. i am getting married on saturday I started drops yeserday will it be cleared up by then?
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
You seem to have developed Acute Otitis Media. This is very commonly seen in swimmers as the infection is caught through the contaminated water.
You need to see and ENT Specialist who will examine your ear.
I advise as following in such scenario:
1. To take an antibiotic like Amoxycillin/Clavulanate.
2. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetirizine, chlorpheniramine.
3. To do warm saline gargles.
4. To do steam inhalation
5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
6. Antibiotic ear drops may be required for the same.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.