I have swollen lymph nodes on both sides of neck

Patient : I have swollen lymph nodes on both sides of neck. No other symptoms. Could this be a sign of hiv infection. I do not have fever. I engaged in a sex u already act with hiv positive person three weeks ago. First noticed lymph nodes two days ago.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I can understand your concern. The first real sign of H IV infection is a dull viral fever like symptoms including fever, weakness, coughing, and enlargement of lymph nodes. In most cases, these symptoms do not manifest before 1 month from the exposure. Since you have the enlarged lymph nodes, and considering that you had a sexual exposure with an HIV positive individual, the possibility of HIV can't be ruled out. The lymph nodes could also be due to a subclinical viral infection and may not be related to HIV. So the best thing to do is to wait for 1 more week, and get the 4th generation test for HIV infection done. This will accurately predict whether HIV infection is there or not. Hope this was helpful, Feel free to discuss further, Regards.