I have taken 3 pregnancy tests over the course of

Q: I have taken 3 pregnancy tests over the course of a week and a half and all of them came back positive. According to my last period I was about 6 weeks pregnant today. I started cramping and bleeding earlier today. Is this a miscarriage?

A:   Hi,

Impending miscarriage can present with cramping and bleeding.
The other possible causes of spotting are increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, bleeding on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity etc.
Usually, minimal spotting with these type of causes may subside soon.
If spotting and pain abdomen persist, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.
By clinical examination and ultrasound the possible cause of the bleeding can be identified and management can be planned accordingly.

Take care.