I have taken a mass gainer of Forza nutrition Pro Bulk which has 688 calories.

Patient

Q: I have taken a mass gainer of Forza nutrition Pro Bulk which has 688 calories 40g protein and 127g carbs. Is it safe ? Do they have side effects ?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for the question,

Consuming excess amount of protein powder can lead to side effects like kidney disorders, allergy, etc. Proteins play a vital role in building muscles and tissues of the body. The amount of protein an adult needs per day is 0.9 grams per pound of his body weight. The requirement varies with factors like age, weight and athletic activity. Protein powder is taken as a supplement to the daily protein intake. Side effects are:
- Deficiency of Calcium
- Malfunctioning of Kidneys
- Effect on Liver
- Allergic Reaction

Talk to your Doctor about it. I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.