I have the implant as contraception Me and my partner

Q: I have the implant as contraception. Me and my partner have always used a condom anyway just for extra protection. But now the condom is starting to hurt him and we want to try unprotected but before we do I want to know how safe it is to do this using the implant as the only contraception?

A:   Hi,

According to studies, an implant has around 92% to 99% success rate.
So, the possibility of pregnancy is less while using the implant.
As you are having discomfort with condoms, the implant may be sufficient in your case till its expiry date.
While using if you develop any gross irregularity in withdrawal bleeding, better to check with urine pregnancy test kits.

Hope this helps.
Take care.