I have the nexplanon implant and have had it for

Patient : I have the nexplanon implant and have had it for 2 months and i was just wondering i started my frat period 3weeks ago on monday and was wondering is this just a normal side affect or is it serious ?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. While using hormonal contraception like an implant, minimal irregularity in periods can be seen. If you have started the implant during your menstrual period the possibility of pregnancy is less. If the flow is normal like usual periods, you may not need any intervention. Take care.