Ask The Doctor > Pending > I have these bumps on my vagina (on the mons

I have these bumps on my vagina (on the mons

Patient: I have these bumps on my vagina (on the mons pubis, I had to google that) & just on the left side. I do shave & had ingrown hairs before but these are bigger & more painful than usual. They’re not in clusters, just individual bumps & are red & look kind of like a pimple. There was hairs inside it so I pulled them out yesterday but still very large & bumpy today & painful. Help! I also go tanning in the tanning bed 3-4 days a week for the last 2 months if that makes a difference. Never had them this bad until I started using the tanning bed. Also, I had 2 vaginal pimples on the top of my lips by my clitoris but they have gone away now. I’ve had the same sexual partner for the last 7 months & he & I were both tested before we started dating.

Doctor: