Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have these dry circles on my chest area

I have these dry circles on my chest area

Patient: I have these dry circles on my chest area

I have these dry circles on...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, there are following possibilities for your symptoms:1 ) Pityriasis versicolour- it is caused by Malasezzia furfur which is a type of fungus. The precipitating factors for this condition are hot humid climate, excess sweating.2)Tinea corporis – it is fungal infection of skin caused by Dermatophytes.It is characterised by red colored itchy scaly rash.For Treatment of both, antifungals are advised but the schedule and dose depend on the diagnosis.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy