Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have these twitches or spasms above my left ear

I have these twitches or spasms above my left ear

Patient: I have these twitches or spasms above my left ear on a daily basics sometimes I can see it twitching.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The cause of such spasms or twitches is usually idiopathic, meaning no definite cause can be found in many of the people.The commonest cause is thought to be the stress or anxiety and control of it usually resolves the problems. So do not worry, check up with your Family Physician and get started on a few prescription based medicines.If your Family Physician thinks so, get an opinion of a Neurologist.I hope this answer helps you.