Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have this dry irrtating itchy spot on my outer right vaginal lip

I have this dry irrtating itchy spot on my outer right vaginal lip

Patient: I have this dry irrtating itchy spot on my outer right vigina lip it itchies a lot and it get white and flaky when I scratch it I use to put vasalene on it but now I just put Divucaine Ointment1% on it after I shower I feel relief but after an hour or 2 it irritates me again ….I’m 16 years of age

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Though it is difficult to ma ke an exact diagnosis, without looking at the spot, it does sound like a bacterial infection.Kindly get it examined by your dermatologist who can prescribe Mupirocin ointment and cortisone ointment. These ointments need to be applied together, and the itchy spot will resolve.You need to apply the ointment for at least a week for a complete recovery.Hope this was helpful,Regards