Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have this feeling in my throat some times like

I have this feeling in my throat some times like

Patient: I have this feeling in my throat some times like i can’t breath i have several allergies but taking a benadryl never helped it go away it happens once in a while and i feel like my throat is tightening up and i have to gasp for air could you help me with understanding what it is

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Your symptoms are typically suggesti ve of an allergic reaction which is making it difficult to breathe because of the mucus and congestion.You need a 1 month course of Tab. Montelukast-Levocetirizine once daily at bedtime.This will definitely help you.Hope this was helpful,Regards