I have this huge red lump on the side of

Q: I have this huge red lump on the side of my mouth. It started out with a cold sore but now its turned into this massive red lump and swollen. What should i do?

Symptoms:  Redness on face

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.
I have read your query.

I have seen the attached photograph also.
As per details, it seems that you have developed infection of the area leading to swelling and pain.
In such cases, I prefer to advise oral antibiotics like Dicloxacillin and topical mupirocin 2 percent cream.
Anti inflammatory drugs like diclofenac also help in pain and swelling.
You should visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy.