I have this kinda thick white muces im coughing up

Q: I have this kinda thick white muces im coughing up and its kinda hard to breath. I have asthma and when i use my inhaler i feel fine. Its been off and on for 6 days out of the week so far. And 4 of them its hard to breath. It happens more at nite when im laing down. but today, it was happend when walking to work 5am and then like 8 hours latter during work around 1ish pm. I did have bronchitis when i was 20-21 and now im 25 i was in the hospital for 1 day and 2 nites. Was wondering if its comming back or it could be my asthma acting up with something els. My gf and family are more afrade then i am.

Symptoms:  Coughing up thick white mucous,runny nose, hard to breath at time.

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Thanks for trusting us for your health issues. I have read your query in detail and i understand your concern.
You seem to be suffering from Bronchial Asthma or Bronchitis. This is also a type of allergic response.
It is quite difficult to differentiate between Bronchial Asthma and Allergic cough. However, your symptoms represent Bronchial Asthma only. Treatment for both of the issues is same.
I would advise in such scenario:
1. Hemogram with ESR
2. ECG
3. Chest Xray
4. Pulmonary Function Test
Your doctor would evaluate you clinically. If you don't have severe chest congestion, he would treat you with anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast. He may add deriphylline or doxophylline for the chest spasms.
If your chest congestion is very severe and there are wheezes and rhonchi's, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required.
You might also require a short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy