I have this sharp pain on my lower rite side

Patient: I have this sharp pain on my lower rite side towards the middle by my waistline….what could this be? Im really scared.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.Right lower abdominal pai n can be due to Appendicitis or Stones in the urinary tract.You have not provided the details of the pain abdomen as the site and duration of pain, so i can’t really comment whether this is Appendicitis or not. In acute appendicitis, pain is in right lower abdomen. It is associated with fever and vomitings.A lot many times, pain abdomen due to acid reflux also presents with vomitings. So, a clinical co-relation is required to rule out the problem. Your doctor will examine you for any tenderness, if he feels this is appendicitis or stone, he will get your ultrasound done. If he feels, this is just acid reflux, he will treat you with a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.