I have this small bum on my leg It’s the

Patient: I have this small bum on my leg. It’s the size of a pimple and it has a red circle around. it isn’t inchy but it hurts when something touches the bum. Did I get bit from sonething? How can I treat it? Can you tell me what this is?

I have this small bum on my...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Furunculosis. It is bacterial infection of skin involving the hair follicle and surrounding areas.The central portion indicates infection of hair follicle.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. Oral antibiotics like cloxacillin also help.I will advise you to get your blood sugar levels done.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.