Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have this weird pimple-like thing on my chest and

I have this weird pimple-like thing on my chest and

Patient: I have this weird pimple-like thing on my chest and it won’t and is quite painful. What do you think it is?

I have this weird pimple-li...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached photograph also.As per de tails, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Furunculosis.It is bacterial infection of skin involving the hair follicle and surrounding areas.The central part appears crusted.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. For pain and information, anti inflammatory drugs like diclofenac is given.I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy