Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have three knots that suddenly popped up behind my ears

I have three knots that suddenly popped up behind my ears

Patient: I have three knots that suddenly popped up behind my ears today

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Streptococcal Sore Throat. Or this can be Ebstein Bar r Virus infection as there are swollen lymph nodes associated.I advise as following in such scenario:1. To take an antibiotic like Amoxycillin/Clavulanate.2. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetirizine, chlorpheniramine.3. To do warm saline gargles.4. To do steam inhalation5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.If you have persistent lymphadenopathy even after the course of medicines as discussed, you would require to get FNAC of the lymph node and chest X-ray.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy