I have to bulging discs in my lower back, L4-5

Q: I have to bulging discs in my lower back, L4-5 i believe, along with sciatica. Today i have a severe dull pain in my back and buttocks instead of the usual sharp pain. Now im feeling a pressure like I experienced during child birth where there is pressure like I need to have a bowel movement. No loss of bladder or bowel control though. Is this normal or should I go to the emergency room?

Symptoms:  Pain and numbness and back and leg.

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are probably having disc prolapse with sciatica. Your treatment is rest and analgesics such as ibuprofen pain relief. Your feelings of fullness seems to be normal. It is advisable to rest in lateral position with both hips and knee flexed. Analgesics such as ibuprofen for pain relief is of use. Mecobalamin help in neuralgia pain. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care