I have to take a blood-drawn cotinine test tomorrow for

Patient : I have to take a blood-drawn cotinine test tomorrow for a hospital job. I haven't smoked a cigarette in 5 days (used to be 10 menthol cigs/day). Haven't been inhaling second hand smoke or anything like that. I normally drink alot of water on a daily basis. Do you think I'll pass the blood - drawn cotinine test? I'm 6 ft 250 lbs if that helps
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. You may test positive for the drug test as it takes up to 7 days to clear the cotinone f rom the urine and the blood. If a sample of hair was being tested, you will test positive for up to a month. I recommend that you quit smoking as it is hazardous to both your health and people around you. Especially in a hospital. All the best.