I have tremendous back pain

Patient

Q: Hey I have tremendous back pain , where ever I lay in bed I still get pain , it tends to be orientated around the higher right side of my back but i also get pain down te spin and lower back. I constantly feel tired and usually the pain kills my apitite , I also feel unbalance sometimes and tend to trip and slip , can you please give me any idea of what it is and what to do because I couldn't sleep last night because of the pain I was just rolling around in bed, also the exceecises I found only make the pain worse :/

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question,

The lower back is an intricate structure of interconnected and overlapping elements:
-Tendons and muscles and other soft tissues
-Highly sensitive nerves and nerve roots that travel from the lower back down into the legs and feet
-Small and complex joints
-Spinal discs with their gelatinous inner cores. A back muscle strain or ligament strain is one of the most common causes of acute lower back pain. Lifting a heavy object, twisting, or a sudden movement can cause muscles or ligaments stretch or develop microscopic tears.

Most cases of low back pain do not require urgent care, but patients should seek a Doctor immediately if they experience low back pain as a result of severe trauma, or if low back pain is accompanied by any of the following:
-Fever and chills
-Unexplained recent weight loss or recent weight loss due to trauma
-Significant leg weakness
-Sudden bowel and/or bladder incontinence - either difficulty passing urine or having a bowel movement or loss of control of urination or bowel movement (cauda equina syndrome)

Talk to a Doctor to reach a diagnosis. Treatment will involve pain medication. And if needed, immobilisation and corrective surgery may be done.

I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.